|It may be a bit too early to start thinking about Flu season but this week I took the kids to get their Flu shots. I always like to be prepared which means getting the Flu shot. But how do you protect yourself when you’re traveling during Flu season? We have some recommendation for you from the CDC, WHO, our Travel Leaders partners, and Life is Better Traveling.
- The CDC recommends a yearly influenza vaccine for anyone over 6 months of age who has no contraindications.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) says that “Precautionary measures should be taken to limit transmission. People should cover their mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing, then throw it out and wash their hands thoroughly and regularly.”
For those flying, Travel and Leisure gives the following tips:
- “Choose a window seat over an aisle seat. Fewer people passing by means fewer opportunities to catch germs.”
- “Pack a small bottle of nasal spray (often available at airport convenience stores, if you forget) to stay well-lubricated.”
- “The tray table is one of the dirtiest places on the plane. Whereas the bathroom is subject to mandatory cleanings, no one is guaranteed to be wiping down the tray tables between services. Having a small vial of antibacterial gel or wipes will help you kill any germs in your area before you even come in contact.”
- “Contrary to popular belief, you should actually turn on your overhead vent. When someone sneezes, those germs can quickly spread to those in their immediate area. Turning on an air vent increases air circulation and can move germs away if you’re sitting next to someone who might be sick.
Fill out the form below to get started planning your next European Vacation. Looking for a motor coach tour, self-drive, or private tour, we can easily put together the perfect European vacation for you and your family’s needs.
When you book your vacation with a member of the Life is Better Traveling Team, you are supporting local families and business. Thank you to everyone who has supported us over the past 4 years, we have become an AMAZING travel agency due to your support!