Would you like to be part of a dynamic team of
professional travel agents?
you have just found life is Better Traveling travel agency and we're growing
If you are thinking of becoming a travel agent or looking for a new travel agent team, you are in the right place.
The search for the right travel agency can be tiring and frustrating. I'm Mary Yohannan, the owner and founder of Life is Better Traveling Travel Agency, and I know how you feel.
When I first started my travel business, I went with a host travel agency that included thousands of travel agents. I felt lost in the numbers and had to wait days to get answers. I noticed that most of the travel agents were working full-time and barely making part-time pay. That was not the place for me. After a tedious 18 month search for an authentic place to grow, I founded Life is Better Traveling.
Our agency is a genuine reliable, and an honest to goodness brand where travel agents ware valued and have the opportunity to build a business and earn an income they desire.
Today our team is comprised of travel agents across the United States. They are supported with training, education, and motivation. Together we have achieved big goals, grown our businesses, and have been recognized with multiple industry awards.
If you are looking for a travel agency that is 100% supportive and will help you grow, then LIfe is Better Traveling is the right fit for you. Don't setlle for less.
Meet Heather Joyce
Agent Specializing in Disney Vacations
"Being a part of the LIBT team is amazing!!! We are all becoming such great friends and co-workers. I love being a part of the LIBT team!!"
Heather Joyce / Independent Contractor
At Life is Better Traveling, you'll receive
toolbox of success tools including:
- Build your travel business with the commissions you earn! Our travel agents are able to accelerate their travel businesses with our high commission splits, going up to 100%.
- Your sales performance and accomplishments are rewarded through our tangible, tiered commission levels.
- Bi-Weekly Mastermind Session were as a team we discuss marketing, promoting, rules and regulations, new travel trends, contracts, service fees, increasing sales, and so much more! These session allow for a creative workspace for the whole team while getting to know the team.
- Generate new, viable leads with a smart designed Leads program allowing you to showcase your skills and versatility as a travel professional while pinpointing your target market.
- Opt-in for Free Award-Winning direct mail and email programs with 50+ travel industry leading suppliers helping you reach profitable new markets
- Learn how to market your travel business so you continue to grow year after year with our High-Content, Implementable Marketing Strategies.
- For those clients who demand excellence, give them exclusive cruise amenities that are available on thousands of departure dates all around the world.
- Use a hotel system that gives you instant access to over 30,000 hotels and villas all over the world allowing you to enhance your commissions and provide amenities to your clients that even OTA’s cannot.
- There is simply no comparison to the client relationship management (CRM) system our agency uses. Record all PNR information, keep track of client's spending and yearly bookings, commissions owed and paid, build beautiful quotes that turn easily into invoices, track payments, set-up workflows for emails and tasks, and enjoy email marketing all in one easy, simple to use system.
- You can have total control of owning your own travel agency with your own independent contractors with our “Ready to go own your own brand” training and selection of a 100% commission tier.
- FAM trips and conferences, oh my! We encourage our team to take as many FAM trips as they can, and to try to attend both travel industry conferences and non-travel industry conferences. We also do quarterly team building exercises giving our agents the ability to win park tickets, higher commission tiers on bookings, reimbursement for FAM trips and conferences, and gift cards.
- Commission payouts every two weeks. Commissions are paid after the supplier has paid to the travel agency but after trip has ended.
- You will have access to powerful training strategies for taking charge of how to market your travel business, avoiding price matching, dealing with difficult clients, selling with confidence, and so many beneficial, integral training's to make you a success.
New Travel Agent commission option
For those who are just starting and think you may want to be part-time, this level may work well for you.
60% Commission Level
Sub-Agents not permitted
$299 Start-Up Fee for the first year
seasoned travel agent commission option
Select this option if you are just starting but want to be more full-time, or you are seasoned travel agent who is looking for more from a host agency.
80% Commission Level
Sub-Agents permitted $20/agent/month
up to 10 agents
$299 Start-Up Fee for the first year
Travel Business Owner commission option
For those who are ready to be a travel business owner mentoring Independent Contractors, this option is the best choice for you.
100% Commission Level
Sub-Agents permitted $60/agent/month
up to 50 agents
YOUR NEXT STEP: Fill out the form below to join our team.
Things to Know:
- This is an independent contractor position
- We are currently accepting travel agent applications in the United States with the exception of Hawaii and California
- Must be a US resident to apply
I joined the team at Life is Better Traveling 1.5 years ago. I was looking for a way to get started in the travel business while I am at home with my babies, and Mary, our agency owner, knew exactly where I was coming from. She is a working mom, too, and understands the craziness! While I feel I am often torn in so many directions, Mary is nothing but encouraging and helpful. She is available via call, email, or text and responds quickly. She readily answers all questions, big and small.
Being able to see and talk to our team and bounce ideas off each other has been priceless. I have learned from the experience of Mary and more seasoned team members who specialize in different areas too!
From day one, Mary has been encouraging and empowering. She has shared her knowledge and many resources. She has given me the confidence to look at working as an IC as a fulfilling career choice that I have made for the long-term. She is always available to answer any questions that I have, and shares real-world advice as well as realistic perspectives. Her accessibility is that something which I greatly appreciate, and I firmly believe it has been a key factor in my early and continued success. I highly value the leadership and direction of this wonderful company, and especially the personal and genuine commitment that Mary makes to her ICs.
Mary's wholehearted dedication to the success and growth of her ICs shines through in everything that she does. I think that her leadership, time and the expertise that she pours into this company, make Life is Better Traveling the true *whole* package. It is a great agency for a wide range of ICs spanning from beginners in the industry, to seasoned experts looking for a fantastic home base.
I choose Life is Better Traveling as my host agency for a number of reasons. I had a close family member recommend Mary as an agent a few times and I knew if they used her as an agent then she knows her stuff! I was also looking for a host agency that had a lot of training and support.
The amount of support Mary and the team give is out of this world! Not only are there regular zoom calls with the team but I also feel totally comfortable texting anyone with questions! Mary has a whole portal set up for new agents to train and she records every mastermind session!
As a newer agent, I have had lots and lots of questions and everyone on Mary's team has been amazing at answering all of them! Most of all I feel the agents care about each other! We all want each other to succeed and grow our businesses and all work together to better each other!
Mary and LiBT have been great to work with. I came into this experience with no travel industry training and Mary has been patient and kind as I adjust to the learning curve. LiBT now has a more formal training and development program than when I started and I would currently give it 5 stars now that this program is in place. That was the only piece missing when I joined a few months ago.
Her training program has been very educational so far. The commission structure is fair and clearly explained. Mary and the other consultants are easy to work with and supportive. Mary is always available when I have questions and I couldn't ask for a better mentor in this journey.